Trekking up the moutain we passed dozens of villages and even a school of the most joyful children. The peace and joy in these peoples eyes goes straight to the soul. They all great us with hands to their hearts and 'namaste' - they learn from birth that we all share a divine spark and so there is nothing fear. We can't communicate but we share a smile and a 'namaste' and that mutual respect speaks everything. I make a wish for our country, that all our children and people be blessed with that kind of peace, devotion and faith.
Trekking up we are all excited and chatty. Two hours into it the chatting fades and the walking meditation begins. We are given a mantra to chant and the soft sound of the group chanting up the mountain fills me up. Then the chanting also starts to fade and I start singing to myself some Lenny Kravitz "when the mountain is high - just look up to the sky - and God will teach you to persevere with a smile" and then I think of those stubborn donkeys!
We stop and sit in silence to rest and just take in our surroundings and the sites and sounds of this powerful place and I think of my brother. I wore my "screamin Eb" flexible warrior hat - the one that has also gone many miles of races with me this year too. But this 5 hour marathon up the mountain is unlike any other race day - powerful yet peaceful which is exactly the balance of opposites that feels so right to me. And as I sit in lotus overlooking the Himalays in complete silence I am overwhelmed with the feeling that there is never a thing to fear - not even death. And I smile as a tear rolls down my face and I just know that Scott is ok and that we are all ok. And it may not sound like a profound revelation but it just allows me to feel more free, more fearless and present. I think in yoga philosophy its among the "Kleshas" (obstacles) - fear of dying can hold us back from truly living...
We continue our journey up and the air gets thinner and the incline gets steeper, but it feels so exilerating. - I feel so proud as I look up and back and see where I've been and where I'm going. Along the way we contine to pass joyful Indian natives - they know we are hiking up to pay tribute to their temple and I feel that they respect and love us for that. Getting to the top was awe inspiring, and we rested and ate and ate (they have these fabulous cookies called 'pure love' - how brilliant is that?! And I am addicted to chai tea. Ok. I realize I'm not supposed to be attached to anything but come on - the chai here is outstanding.
After we rest we climb two HUGE flights of steps - yes my yoga butt will feel this today! At the top is the Divine Mother Temple - and this is where it gets undescribeable. And you've all been places where pictures and descriptions can't do justice. So suffice it to say that it was the most powerful yet peaceful places on the planet... And those two words sum up what I loved about the whole day. I literally felt like I was on top of the world and I thought of all the people that helped support me to be here and who cheered me on and I can't explain the love I have in my heart.
There's a song (and I forget the name of the country singer) but its "Live like you were dying" and I first heard the song a few years ago but it inspired me even more after my brother died...and I'm not really a "country girl" but that song is one of the reasons I'm here... "And I looked deeper and I spoke sweeter and I watched an eagle as it was flying... And I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying - like tomorrow was a gift and you got eternity to think about what you'd do with it"...
Ok, I skipped hip openers to write this and trust me I needed my hips opened! Its time to head out for a new day. Xoxo and Namaste.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment